- Price: $9.99 In Apple Store
- Category: Games
- Updated: 2010-08-18
- Current Version: 1.0
- 1.0 (iOS 4.0 Tested)
- Size: 128.00 MB
- Language: English, Japanese
- Seller: TECMO KOEI GAMES CO., LTD.
- Requirements: Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. Requires iOS 3.0 or later
- © (C)1986-2010 TECMO KOEI GAMES CO., LTD. All rights reserved.
Add to Favorite apps
The standard-bearer in historical simulation gaming, “Nobunaga’s Ambition”, is available at last on iPhone and iPod touch. This title is a strategic historical simulation game set against the backdrop of the struggle for power played out by the…..
Rated 3/5 based on 3 customer reviews.
Very hard, but at least it's playable...
Alexandre Ribeiro write:
The other Koei classic available on the iDevices, RotTK, is unplayable on it's version 1.1 due to the damage received because of natural events. Didn't try the new version yet. As for the game, it's very hard and I couldn't built an army good enough to last more than 1 hour, even if I focused only on military commands the computer had better developed fiefs and armies... Any way, for this price I can't recommend... Get a Computer Game instead of paying, what I consider, an expensive sum of money for an iDevice game.
The real deal, Nobunaga Fans!
J'O M'Ama write:
This game is essentially the original with a few tweaks to get it on the iPhone and a new process for creating your Daimyo. Anyone who loved the original will love this! I got it 2 days ago and can't put it down. Well worth the price. Note to people who write bad reviews because a game is hard, lame! To those comparing it to ROTK, it's not the same game! It wasn't originally either. Sheesh! If you learn how to play this game, it's a blast!
Classic Koei game reborn
Aaron Bubnick write:
Koei has done a good job bringing the classic Nobunaga's Ambition to the small screen. The game is worth many hours of fun and it is worthy of replay if you try different gameplay styles. If you are a long standing fan of the orginal 8-bit Koei titles this game was tailored just for you.
+ Excellent game play with a few random events adding the element of surprise.
+ Wonderful sound track and effects
+ Beautiful cut scenes
+ Save system is automatic and/or you have 3 manual slots.
- Level 1 (easy) is bugged and is worse than the most difficult level
- Spy details on the Daimyo screen are wrong (rare issue)
- There needs to be an option to personally take over a battle at the time of the battle and not just simple toggle in the options
- The help menu needs more detail and needs to give at least an overview of ever option and a blurb about what each statistic represents.
- The “pinch” to expand the map isn’t touchy enough and takes many finger expansions to get the screen to maximum.
1) Look at what the computer is doing around you. Keep a close eye on military build up.
2) Right from the start, sell your food to the merchant, use the cash to boost your army and your town.
3) Get your town about 750, then get your farm to 250, then give food/gold to your peasants to increase morale.
4) Ignore building the dam until your town is over 1000 and your farm is over 500 (the computer does this as well).
5) Keep your army trained up to max at all times!
6) Save often!
Quickly addressing other reviewers observations:
1) "It's too hard" --> There definitely is an issue (bug) with level 1 (easy), it is insanely difficult. Put the game on level 2. You will find it plays much better.
2) “You can’t affect the outcomes of the battles” --> Most of the time this is fairly true. However, there are times when the computer will badly place its leader unit and you can trap it, thus ending the battle without expending too many forces. Also, if you simulate the battles all the time, the computer will eventually badly place your leader unit and even though it was 1400 troops versus 100, you will lose and suddenly the enemy will have 1500 units.
Write a Review
The information may be outdated. For actual information go to iTunes